Monday, November 2, 2009

Boots & Shoes: Essaouira


The boots were beautiful! I didn't buy them thinking I would wait...and I am so sad I did because I could not find them again in assorted colors. Even though all the 'factories' are in Marrakech, they are not selling them there..
All the cool girls from Paris and Spain were picking them up in multiple colors. They are made from Kilmn rugs and I bought a few of the rugs with the hopes I can have some made. We will see. I have the names of the guy who owns the factory and he quoted me a great price for large quantities, so we will see.
The shoe shop is where I spent a lot of my time in Essaouria. A friend owned it and so we would listen to music, meet tourists and drink lots of tea. It was in a great spot in town so I could see everything that was going on.
The cat lived on the little stool. Everyday would hang out with me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment