Sunday, November 22, 2009

Baltimore




Flew to Baltimore to see my sister and hang out. My mom came also for the weekend. It rained a lot and was a lot colder than Morocco was, but it was so nice to be in fall weather. My sister has lived in Baltimore for over a year and I had not visited yet and she was a little bothered by it. Her place is amazing. An apartment in an old house. The layout is great, and the rooms are big and have a ton of light. She has decorated it so well! She has an amazing little collection of art and pictures from friends and her travels and has put the pieces up in such creative ways. I must say I was a little jealous of her space. It just represents her so well. Her board above her desk where the 'magic' happens when she writes is filled with quotes and ideas for her novel.
I was dying to get to DC since I haven't been since I was young, so she played hooky one day and we got to go to a few museums and walk around Georgetown. It was a perfect fall day!
We also took a hike through the woods by her house. The trails were muddy and we walked through and over trees and bridges. It made me think of childhood and playing in the woods. It was beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment