Monday, November 2, 2009

Legzira

The trip to Legzira was long. A bus to Tiznit and then a grand taxi Direct to Legzira.
All in all it took about 6 hours to arrive and when we did it was absolutely worth it. It was the highlight of the trip for me for many reasons. I would never have gone by myself that far or to that remote of a location. I will now with no hesitation...now that I know how easy it was to get there and how special it is.
There are only three hotels all right next to each other and three cafes/restaurants. Since it was off season there were only 4 other people we saw on the entire beach. We could pretty much pick our price for our room..and ended up with a whole floor to ourselves and a huge patio overlooking the beach. The room was about $18 a night each.

We went for a brief walk around the beach and the rocks and then went to the cafe that had the lights on...and served alcohol. Rashid was our server and was very kind and funny.
We ordered fish tagine for 3 and it was by far one of the best meals I have ever had.
I saw the fish being prepared straight from the ocean!

No comments:

Post a Comment