Tuesday, November 17, 2009

#74: Jemma el-Fnaa




The food stalls appear every night in the Djemaa El Fna. They all have numbers. The guys that work at the food stalls come up and try to persuade you to come eat their food..and there is some MAJOR competition since they are all serving the same thing. They are harmless but definitely working very hard to get as many tourists into there area...then other tourists see them and are more likely to sit down. I found one I loved and ate there about 7 times. If I didn't eat there and was walking around the square I would stop and have mint tea and say hi.
I would order a coke, veggie skewers, rice, olives, chicken skewers, Moroccan salad...all for about 10 dollars. This was also a great place to talk to other travelers because it is all set up on picnic tables and you just sit down and everyone starts talking! Good for the solo woman traveler who is at the square at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment