Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Paris part deux

Spent the night in Paris on way back to states. I arrived and it was chilly. I left my bags at the airport and had just packed what I needed for the night to go into the city. I debated if I would or not...but since I arrived at 3pm I didn't want to sit in some hotel by the airport when I could a be in the city in 20 minutes.
I got there and started looking for a place to sleep. It was fairly easy. I ended up finding this ** place right off St Honore. The woman behind the desk was sweet and when she saw my arm covered in Henna...she flipped out. She is Moroccan. She has a home in Essaouria she spends time at but otherwise rents out sometimes. CRAZY! She gave me a HUGE room on the top floor with my own shower. Seriously, for 60 euro I had a whole top floor to myself. The bed was so plush. It was feathery and wonderful. It also had an insanely comfortable down comforter.
I put on what layers I had and walked over to Cafe Ruc. I had a cheeseburger, french fries and some wine. Perfect.
I didn't sleep well that night. Mostly I was anxious to come back. But also there was a skylight right above my bed.. and since I was nestled in the top of the building, I could touch the skylight. I watched the colors change and watched the sunrise over Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment