Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Merci, mon cherie

Thanks to my Bestie, ND, I am going to Paris next week. She graciously offered for me to come again while she is there for work like I did in January for my Birthday. She goes twice a year(sometimes more) for Maison-Objet which is a pretty intense and inspiring trade show. It is the place that trends in the design world are set for the upcoming season. When I was there in January (pictures below) it was really the beginning of my obsession with all things design.
I have always been interested from afar..and have the thousands of magazines to prove it, but have never in my life been around such profound creativity.
Well ND lives in this world everyday, and she has always pushed me in that direction knowing my love and my want to be more creative and be around more creative people than I was on a day to day level at my job.
So.. I am going to the show again. And while I am there I will be Helping Shelley Simpson out at her booth. She is founder and creator of Mud Australia an exceptional line of ceramics. She believes strongly in craft and community. I am very excited to help her and learn from her more about Sydney and the thriving art community. As my friends know... a large portion of my home/design mags are coming from Australia lately. Again..this is all thanks to ND making the connection and introducing us in January. Merci, mon cherie.

No comments:

Post a Comment