Thursday, August 20, 2009

Ramadan

I just realized I will be in morocco during Ramadan. Which is depicted in this photo I found...(don't remember where). I will also be there for Eid al-Adha which is described above..
I am so excited to see all these things and be there for such an important part of their year!!
I was able to see a Hindu priest cremated in an all day celebration in Bali in 1998 and I was fascinated,horrified,and hypnotized.
I have always been very intrigued by religious traditions. it is something I have loved learning about since before college..and during college. Religion as understood in the general sense, is very confusing to me and to be able to learn and see so many intense and important rituals has been very exciting and has helped me shape my ideas and my thoughts on the subject of organized religion. I can not wait to learn more about Muslim traditions!

No comments:

Post a Comment