Monday, October 5, 2009

Essaouira...and beyond



I left Marrakesh for the weekend for Essaouria on Sept 18th. I stayed for three nights came back to collect my things and went straight back on Wednesday the 23. I stayed for one week.
It is an amazing location and a ton of fun. Lots of travellers, lots of people, lots of locals. Without the chaos of Marrakesh. It is what I had wanted and needed after two weeks in the city. It is much more the laid back vibe of a beach town and people talking around cafes.
Tons of reggae and great music. Staying up late at night playing cards and drinking tea..and once Ramadan ended...drinking tons of wine.
I have a lot to update and will do so soon.
My time in morocco was extended to go on a journey with some people I met in Essaouria. We went further south to Legzira and then on to Tarafroute. It was a long journey and I am glad to be back in the city with comforts and without lugging around the bags. But it is sad to know I wil be leaving Morocco in two days for Paris.
I am still figuring out what to do next. I am not quite ready to come home. I am very excited to finally buy a few gifts now that I am here... and of course pine for those things I saw and didn't pick up on the way.
I have a lot of pictures to load...
all is good. It is still extremely hot though.
We are going out to dinner tonight..and after a few so-so meals..it iwll be nice to eat well.
Hope to visit the Cascades tomorrow...and then on to the next journey.



No comments:

Post a Comment