Monday, August 9, 2010

Welcome to Luang Prabang

I arrived in Laos one week ago. I flew from LA to Bangkok, had a few hours to wait until I boarded the flight to Luang Prabang. The flights were manageable, except for the aches I still feel in my knees and back, I tried to get up and walk around as much as possible. I flew out Thursday evening and arrived Saturday afternoon. It has been a week and I am still unable to adequately describe how beautiful it is here, how nice the people are and how lucky I feel to be working with Ock pop tok. It has exceeded my expectations and know I will be hard at work this year, but it might possibly be the best job.
The team and the inspiration and dedication to what they do and how they do it is like nothing I have ever been a part of. The creation and dedication to tradition and craft makes me feel like I am part of something so much bigger than myself, which is exactly what I hoped for. The work done with villages and helping them become more prosperous is something I am not involved with specifically, but to hear the stories and the work being done by OPT in these remote areas it makes me so proud to be a part of by just being with the company.
The first week at work I was all out of sorts. Taking in the sights, sounds and customs. I was worn out and let loose at a party on Saturday night partying with my new coworkers and new friends. I got to spend some quality time sleeping yesterday and now feel like the past week is all starting to soak in and I am now getting into the groove.
I really feel so lucky to be here and be working and be inspired.
Now... to find a place to live and get settled.

No comments:

Post a Comment